CANDIDATE VETTING SERVICES (view as PDF)
The Ardent Search Company regularly vets final candidates prior to employment for our clients in non-profits, businesses, and faith-based organizations. Occasionally, a client may wish to have this comprehensive vetting performed on a 1-3 candidates, as a stand-alone service. Perhaps a client has narrowed their search but wants peace of mind that there are no hidden issues that would affect employment. Our experience has indicated a factor in company’s making ineffective hiring decision is that they may not thoroughly know who they hired. Ardent Search can help.
Our professional service may include:
- Assist the client in creating a written Candidate Questionnaire that pre-screens candidates in specific core competencies desired for the position. It also adds valuable insights into the candidate’s values, experience, and cultural fit for the role.
- Creation with the candidates of a highly detailed and annotated resume that enables our skilled recruiters to accurately predict future performance.
- Conducting an in-depth personal interview via Zoom/FaceTime creating a unedited recorded video for the search committee.
- Checking references, typically 4-8 people who have worked closely with the person.
- Verifying all listed degrees.
- Checking the person’s criminal, credit and driving records.
- Performing a social media audit for anything mentioning or written by this person (Google, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
- Preparation of a Candidate Profile that includes the resume, search consultant’s interview and timestamp indicating key interview moments, reference comments, and the candidate’s written questionnaire responses.
No process is perfect, but an effective vetting procedure minimizes “undesired surprises” and possible client embarrassment. This vetting service comes standard as a part of an Ardent Search Company executive search. In some cases, where clients have sufficient internal capacity for a search to identify and pre-vet candidates, or where cost is prohibitive of doing a full search, professional vetting can be an attractive alternative.
The fee for this service is a maximum of $5000 for the first candidate and $4000 for each additional candidate.
We are here to serve and look forward to hearing from you.